Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and this mother's day I felt so blessed! Ever since Sadie was born I have felt truly honored to be a mother and ecspecially to be her mother. Devin made the day really special for me. A few weeks ago we got a new couch, which we have been wanting for a while, but were just waiting to the right one to come along. We got an amazing deal (it was originally $1200 and we got it for $400 because they are no longer making this model anymore, so the store no longer wants it on their floor) at Gardener Village, it is so pretty and so comfortable, we love it! So the couch was my mother's day, tax return money and our anniversary gift, which I am really happy about! But on mother's day morning Devin and Sadie gave me a sweet card with Sadie's hand traced and the movie Marley and Me. Then all day Devin treated me like a queen, making meals for me, cleaning up dishes after me, changing every diaper of Sadie's and the list goes on, I felt really special. Thank you sweetie for making me feel so special on that day and everyday! When we were sitting at church, I looked around and looked at my little family and I felt so proud to be a mother and wife. I have such a wonderful life and I love it!! I am also really grateful for a wonderful mother and mother-in-law who are such good examples to me of amazing mothers. Thank you for all you do! So I had a wonderful, happy, perfect first Mother's Day.

The new couch!

I love the suttle floral design in the fabric.

2 comments:

Seth and Emily said...

Wow, what a great deal! That is amazing that you got it for that price. It looks cozy. I love the picture of you girls in the flowers. I love daffodils! They came up all over Cleveland. So many of them, even by the side of the highway. I'm glad you had a great mother's day.

Ford Fam said...

Looks nice, can't wait to see it in person. Fits you guys well!