Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Weekend Excitement - The Hospital

Our weekend started the way I always love weekends to start, with a trip to the ER! On Friday night I was making dinner and cut my knuckle on a can. After about 45 minutes of Devin convincing me that I needed to go to the hospital I finallly decided that we couldn't just super glue it (being a florist we get cuts quite a bit and that's what we always do, so I thought we could just glue it) and that I needed to go to the hospital. There was no one else waiting when we got to the there so luckily they got us right in. The nurse said we were lucky we came tonight and not last night because at the same time yesterday there was a 2 hour wait and a fight broke out that involved the police, I was grateful that we didn't have to subject Sadie to a hospital fight! After a tetnus shot, painful numbing shots into my cut and three stiches later we were on our way home.
Here I am with my original wrap, I thought I looked like a burn victim, but I did get out of dirty diapers for the weekend, thanks Dev!
Here is my finger now, I get my stiches out in 8 days. I truly am grateful for modern medicine and for insurance. I am grateful that Devin is smarter than me and made me realize that I needed to go to the hospital. The doctor said that the knuckle is a hard to heal area and it would have taken a really long time to heal if I had glued it.

And of course we always need pictures of Sadie, so here is the face I always get now when I bring out the camera. That is her concentrated face, she is checking out the camera. Though it isn't a smile I still think she looks pretty cute!

2 comments:

Brad and Emilee said...

How fun! I'm glad you're ok. I had to take a room mate to the ER for a can cut back in the day. You're lucky it was a weekend and Devin was there to help. Happy healing!

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Glad you are ok..love your hair and..seriously could you have a cuter baby!!!