Sunday, July 26, 2009

What We Have Been Up To!

We have been keeping busy with all kinds of summer fun......
We have been taking a lot walks and Sadie is loving them. Here is a picture of her after a walk out in the heat (sorry for the topless shot, she was really hot!) doing her favorite thing, drinking water from a big cup. You can tell how much she loves it just by her face!

Swimming is one of our favorite things lately. My parents got us passes to a Cherry Hill, a fun water park by our house, for my birthday and we are having so much fun there. Sadie loves the water, she is a little fish. We probably go to the pool at least 3 times a week, it is too much fun watching her. She loves crawling through the baby section (I could not get a picture of her face, she was so focused on crawling) and loves the lazy river.

We have been doing a little hiking. Here is Devin and Sadie on our hike in Ogden Canyon. Sadie was so happy to strapped on to Daddy, she loved when we got down to the river and we put her feet in the water.

I have been busy making Sadie's baby food. I had a friend tell me how easy it was and convinced me that I would like doing it and I really have. Sadie really seems to like it and I like knowing exactly what she is eating, plus it really does save a lot of money. So far I have made, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, squash, nectarines, and mangoes. This is a picture of sweet potatoes, after you have cooked the food and pureed it, then you put it in ice cubes trays, transfer them to Ziploc bags and then thaw whatever you want when it is time to eat. It is so easy and I am loving it.

Lastly, we have been having a lot of picnics. I discovered the Farmington trails that are not far from our house. We really love walking on these trails because they are tree covered and keep us cooler, run along a river with a lot of fun bridges, and have fun picnic spots. Here we are after one of our picnics this weekend, so fun!
We are loving summer!

1 comment:

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Oh how I miss you guys!!! Sadie is an absolute doll!