Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend! On Saturday we had Easter with my family, we had a really fun Easter egg hunt in the basement because it was raining (but I thought it was a fun new challenge) and then had dinner. Grandma, Sadie and Carson

Sadie after the hunt playing with her egg.

A cute one of Sadie and Daddy during the hunt, as you can tell neither one of them was too concerned about getting a lot eggs, but they did have fun being together.

Sadie checking out all of her goodies from the hunt!

Sadie loving the bunny from her Great Grandparents and her puppy from her Grandparents, thank you everyone for the sweet gifts.

Then we spent Easter Sunday with the Smith's. We went up to Layton to hear Devin's cousin give his mission farewell talk and then spent the afternoon with Devin's dad's side of the family. We had a really fun afternoon being with family.
Sadie and Daddy Easter morning. This is Sadie's Easter basket, she loved her little duck and her spring outfit that the bunny brought to her.

Our picture in our Easter clothes, Sadie looked so adorable in her Easter dress.

A cute Easter picture of David (Devin's twin) and his fiance Jocelyn, we can't wait for the big day next Friday!

An Easter picture of Grandma Smith and Sadie.

I am grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ, for His Atoning sacrifice for us and the blessing of the Resurrection. I am thankful for this Easter season when I can take a special moment to pause and recognize how truly grateful I am for the Savior and the gift He has given to me. I love this time of year when spring is arriving and all of the trees are beginning to bud and bloom. I always think spring is a special time of year as we celebrate new life, I think this year I am ecspecially grateful because we have new life in our home, Happy Easter.

4 comments:

maggie said...

not gonna lie, when I saw that picture of devin's brother...I was a little concerned..then i read the caption! I didn't know he was a twin! Happy Easter Heath, your family is beautiful!

Ford Fam said...

So cute! I love Sadie's dress too, so adorable! We missed you on Easter! We can definitely tell your priorities were different this year. Usually you are a lot more concerned about those money eggs....

Seth and Emily said...

I love your background! Sadie is adorable!

Seth and Emily said...

Hi Heather! Well, I'm sure you know that Hannah is getting married in June. We are trying to do a pretty low budget wedding. Hannah has asked me to try to do her flowers. I am way excited. I have put about 20 books on hold at the library to learn how to do wedding flowers. I am looking to do something simple but elegant. I know that you're the very best at this kind of thing and would love to ask you for some advice and tips. She is thinking about purple and blue for her colors. Could you send me your email address to emilywagner4@gmail.com Then I can ask you some more specific questions. Thanks so much Heather! Love you