Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Special Baptism Day!

This past Friday was a very special day for my family, my Grandpa was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! It was such a special day, one that I will never forget. My Grandmother has been a member of the church her whole life. My mom and aunt and families are all members of the church, so we have been waiting for this day for a long time. We are so glad that my Grandpa has joined the church and that my mom's whole side of the family are all members now. My Grandpa has of course known a lot about the church in his life, but just over the past several months has come to know for himself that it is the true church. Devin and I have loved watching this transformation take place and have had many wonderful conversations with him. My sweet Grandma has been waiting for this day for a very long time (52 years to be exact!) and what a blessing it was to watch her on Friday.

My dad baptized my Grandpa, Devin and my cousin Hannah's husband Micheal were the witnesses. From the beginning of the program there was such a special feeling in the room and then as I watched my Grandpa be baptized into the church I was overcome with warmth and a reconfirmation that this is the true church.

My Grandpa and Grandma, I love how happy they look!
My brother was able to confirm my Grandpa and gave him a wonderful and sweet blessing. As Kyle gave this blessing I think the whole room had tears in their eyes. It was such a special moment and their was such a wonderful feeling the room. The picture above is all of our family that was able to be there. I am so glad that my Grandpa made the choice to join the church and I am grateful for the blessing to have been there and feel the wonderful feelings that I felt that day!

4 comments:

Angela Dougherty said...

Wow!! What an incredible moment for your family, I am so happy for all of you. I could see in your faces how joyous an occassion that was in your pictures. Your mom was just beaming. Miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Oh, Heather, I'm so happy for your family! Your grandparents are such loving, gracious people. I can feel the warmth through the pictures. Please pass along our love and congratulations to them and to your parents. What a special, special day.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Oh Heather that is wonderful! Congratulations!! Please also let your family know for us!

DiAnn said...

Heather, what a wonderful family experience and to have that link in the family chain firmly welded. Much love to your family. DiAnn Mott