Friday, August 21, 2009

Wedding Flowers and Sleepless in Seattle!

In the first week of August Sadie and I were able to take a trip to Seattle. Our family friends, The Gamblins, son was getting married and they flew me up to Seattle to do the flowers for the wedding. Devin wasn't able to go with us and we missed him a ton!!! My parents and my brother and his family all came as well. The first couple of days we were there I pretty much did flowers most of the day, I think Sadie was pretty confused why I kept leaving her and not returning for hours, but she did have a great time with Grandpa and Grandma, cousins, aunt and uncle, and the Gamblins. It was hard for me to be without her, I missed her like crazy while I was doing the flowers. Thank you to everyone for your help watching Sadie while I was doing flowers!


The Bride and Groom outside the Seattle Temple with Alan and Jeri Gamblin (grooms parents)

The wedding cake, I thought it was such a cute cake!

Sophia with her bridal bouquet, she picked some really fun colors. Her dress was amazing, these pictures do not do it justice!

The day after the wedding we were able to go to the Seattle Aquarium and Pike's Place Market with just my family and we had a blast! Sadie loved the aquarium, here we are!

Sadie and I being scuba divers, it was hilarious she kept trying to chew on the wood cutout, my mom had to work hard for this picture!

Grandpa and Sadie outside the Aquarium on the docks. It was pretty cool while we were there and it made me excited for fall, I love the rain and I think I really could live in Seattle.

Sadie loved the big tanks. Here she is with her cousins Carson and Brynnley pressed up against the glass. She would squeal with delight as stuff swam by and tap on the glass. I think she could have stayed there all day, she was pretty mad when I made her move on to the next exhibit. It was really fun to watch her.

While we were in Pike's Place Market we just happened to eat at the same restaurant where they filmed a scene from Sleepless in Seattle. This just happens to be one of mine and Val's favorite movies, so we were pumped!! Here we are sitting in the exact stools that they sat on at lunch, we just kept saying that this made our day! I think it was fate that we were led there. We had a wonderful trip, it was fun to be able to do flowers, visit with friends and family, and see Seattle, but were very happy to come home and be with Devin. I don't think I can do another 5 days without him for a long while!

2 comments:

Ford Fam said...

yeah for sleepless in Seattle. I was just thinking about how lucky we were to find that restaurant. Then I remembered a line from the movie, "It's like fate, or magic"... The flowers were gorgeous. I saw some of them that the photographer took on face book, incredible!!!

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Looks like so much fun!! we are going in a couple of weeks! The flowers were gorgeous as always and I just plain miss you!